Sunday, May 27, 2012

Recipe Shower: October 2011

Some of my favorite times have been planning Bridal showers. For three years in a row it seemed like I was a perpetual bridesmaid and I was having a blast while going broke all at the same time. The joy of being a party planner is I can plan beautiful fun showers for friends without having to fork out all the cash.

One of my old friends Lindsey found her match in our favorite Ugandan Sylvester and since both were in our Small Group at church we decided to throw them a small recipe shower. (Because if she was anything like me she would need all the recipe help she could get!)


I recently discovered the joy of a sewing machine and these little heart banners were so much fun to make! I than grabbed an old book from good will and stamped out some hearts to make some more lovely garland for around the room. 


Since it was fall we went with brown and red as the color theme. Their 'Giant' Oreo cake had a heart on top and that cake I unfortunately did make... but they all enjoyed it. Thankfully! 


My favorite touch though is the photo frame I made as a gift to the lovely bride and groom. 
I cut out their countries, she's from Louisiana like me and he from Uganda in Africa. Placed hearts on their birthplaces and put them together with a small plus sign. It was a cute touch they asked us to re-do for their wedding. (Re-do shown here)

Plus they got to take their custom banner home to keep. 




The lovely bride and groom! I love Sylvester and Lindsey. 

God Bless,

  Jessica





No comments:

Post a Comment