Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Batten Wedding: March 2012

When I first thought of starting my own business it was actually to become a wedding planner. 

I love the festivities and chaos of weddings. 

It's probably the closest to working a Disney Event so that explains my love for them.

Bring a bridesmaid you get a taste of this but in 2009 when my brother and sister in law married in Boston someone needed to step up to help coordinate things so they could actually enjoy their wedding and of course... I jumped at the challenge. 

When some new friends of ours found out I started my business and was shooting one day to get into expanding into Wedding Coordination they were very eager to help me do that. That sweet couple!! 

Franki and David met at Tulane University and God had planned them perfectly for each other. 
They are our game buddies so often came over for dinner and board games.
Well, Franki has exquisite taste and she let me be a part of her special day by making sure everything was in place, coordinating the rehearsal and sending her successfully down the aisle. Though I was about seven months pregnant, it was one of my favorite McCarty Designs day yet! 


The Rehearsal Dinner at Nuvolari's in Mandeville. 


The Wedding took place in Fountainblu Park













Franki and David had a small army of friends that were at my husband and I's disposal that day and they were fantastic. Everything was pulled off within a short time and it was perfect for a couple that could not have deserved it more. 

What a delight it was to have been a part of their day!
And how sweet of my husband that he was my right hand man that day. 
I told him he should quit being an Engineer and join me in my business...
He just kissed my head sweetly and said, "No dear, you've got it without me." 
I doubt that... but it probably is a good idea for him to not quit his job. :) 


The lovely couple. 
Thank you so much sweet Battens for letting McCarty Designs be a part of your 
very special day!! 

Courtesy of In Bloom Photograhy

God Bless,

  Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment