Sunday, May 27, 2012

1st Birthday Party: Elliot - November 2011

Planning Elliot's 1st Birthday Party is what gave me the excitement to start my own business. It also introduced me to the awesomeness that is Pinterest. 

I think kid parties are an amazing time to make little dreams come true and while this party was probably more for the adults than Elliot, one day I hope to give him fun superhero parties and adventures that though look daunting seriously are just little touches anyone can pull off. Perhaps that is another reason I started McCarty Designs, because these little touches are worth doing and easy to do with someone helping you along the way. 

I got the idea from an amazing lady in Australia and tweaked it a bit but all in all it was a beautiful Kite Flying Adventure and perfect for my sweet and precious little boy. 





Grandpa getting Elliot ready for his big party. 




Elliot and I share a common love for Donut holes. So we of course had to have them. 
We get them from Blue Dot Donuts. The BEST donut shop in all New Orleans. 








Since we had a few older kids coming (That's my sweet little niece Lucy!) we had a face painting station and a Kite Making station. Working enough kid events at church has taught me how to keep kiddos entertained. 





We made a fingerprint Kite that all of Elliot's guests could put their mark on. 






The favors were handspun cotton candy that looked like clouds. My mother-in-law made them with her own cotton candy machine. She rocks. 



Bryan and his dad making kites! 



This is my whole side of the family minus my brothers. See my adorable nieces Anna, Lucy and my cute nephew Cohen! 



Best cake photo ever. 


We used Elliot's big birthday to announce another little surprise... 
We were pregnant again! Our new little bundle would be due in May 2012. 


I know my little birthday boy had a good time and we did too. 
Kid parties are so much fun. 



God Bless,

  Jessica

1 comment:

  1. This seems to be well planned party. I am planning a birthday party for my best friend. Hunting for some attractive Los Angeles venues with luxury facilities. Want to make her feel special with friends and colleagues. I think dinner would be suitable to all because of hectic work schedules.

    ReplyDelete