Wednesday, May 23, 2012

60th Birthday Surprise: August 2011

McCarty Designs officially launched in August 2011 and we launched with a very personal and sweet birthday bash for my amazing mother in law. 

I happened to marry into the world's most perfect In-Law family. I don't deserve them in anyway but I am so blessed to be a part of their small loving family. When my father-in-law heard I wanted to get into the Party Planning business he gave me a call and put me to work. Good old dad. 

What was most exciting about this party was that my mother-in-law Carol actually hadn't had a birthday party since she was a little girl. Seriously. So no pressure...

Carol is a pre-school teacher, in love with crafting who's favorite color is yellow so we had a lot of fun bringing that out in our designs starting with a custom invitation: 


Invitations set the first impression for your party and are a very important detail to any function. I love making invitations so when that's part of the party package I get uber excited.  

After invitations came the venue. My father-in-law Jim picked this adorable restaurant 
Palmetto's on the Bayou that had an absolutely stunning room for us to use. They were so sweet and accommodating and didn't think I was crazy one bit for all the design elements I was 
throwing their way. 



 That's me with my little man Elliot! He doesn't look that little but he is Carol's pride and joy as the only grandchild at the time so he definitely made an appearance at her bash. 



"Happy 60th Carol!" 



Flowers, ribbon and burlap. Such an elegant touch with so little.  


We picked a fun fabric and I made some chalkboard squares and wrote out Happy Birthday Carol and hung them by clothespins because what teacher doesn't love chalk and chalkboards?  




For the favors we made Lemon Crisp cookies and placed them on a sweet vintage tray.

Since Carol loves making cards and memory books we asked all of her guests to fill out special cards for her of their favorite memory with her or their favorite thing about her. 

They were able to read out their card at the dinner or just leave it for her to enjoy later.


60 is a big achievement. Imagine trying to share all those awesome memories in one small little package! We probably didn't do it justice but we tried with this sign that included some of her favorite photos from over the years. She still has it hanging in her living room last time I was there so I think she appreciated it. 



I'm still working on the flower design element so I was so thankful for my mom Kathy who came to help me out. She has mad skills doesn't she? I adore her. 


I think she was surprised. :) 

It was such a blessing to be a part of this special day!
Carol and Jim's younger son John (my hubby's the sexy older one) flew in with his wife Lisa to be there too. Such a sweet awesome family. 



My amazing husband Bryan and his mom. 
Happy 60th Carol! 




God Bless,

  Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment